Every parent/guardian is automatically a member of the German lnternational School Chicago Parent Organization (GISC Parent Organization).
Its purpose is:
- to enhance and support the educational experience at GISC;
- to establish and maintain a working relationship among parents, school (teachers, administrators, and GISC Board) and community;
- to develop a closer connection between school and home by encouraging parent involvement; and
- to improve the environment at GISC through volunteer and financial support (including both in-school and out-of-school activities).
- The GISC Parent Organization is responsible for providing teacher support through Room Parents and holiday celebration/craft help as well as school support through organizing a variety of events. The GISCPO meets every 4-6 weeks during the school year and relies on the support and participation of all parents/guardians. A parent representative attends Board meetings.