Growing up bilingually is not just about mastering two languages. Modern research has found several other significant benefits from the learning of another language.
Dual language education:
- enriches and enhances your child’s mental development;
- increases your child’s ability to have more flexibility in thinking, greater sensitivity to language,
aand a better ear for listening;
- improves your child’s understanding of his or her native language;
- gives your child the ability to communicate with people she or he would not otherwise know;
- opens the door to other cultures;
- increases understanding, appreciation and empathy for people from other cultures;
- increases career and educational opportunities in fields where language fluency is a real asset.